Thursday, June 12, 2008

prayer and refining

I have been " stuck" in a certain spot in my devotions for a couple of weeks now. In James 5, it talks about prayer: " anyone who is having troubles should pray. Anyone who is happy should sing praises.... When a believing person prays great things happen." I love that!! I know that it is all in God's will and timing but I can still go HIM with big troubles or little troubles and know that he hears me...even if I don't know or can't pray or it feels like it is very ineffectual. " God honors prayer..He longs to demonstrate His power in the tremendous trials that jar us like thunder and the pinprick troubles that annoy us. Giant needs are never too great for His power; dwarf-sized ones are never too small for HIS love." Warren Meyers



Then in 1 Peter 1 it talks about why we have troubles: " Theses troubles come to prove that your faith is pure. This purity of faith is worth more than gold, which can be proved to be pure by fire, but will ruin. But the purity of your faith will bring you praise and glory and honor when Jesus is shown to you" I am learning that through the trials and troubles, I am made complete.





I read somewhere about how silver and gold is refined--the person has to stand right there and hold it into the fire for just the right amount of time: I guess the Lord knows how long this refining will take place and even though, I would like it to be over and done; (please LORD!!) I must not be there yet.

No comments: